Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Gaming - Minecraft Buildlogue #1: Lovely Theatre and Music Hall

Hello all! It's been a while since my last article on gaming: to break that famine, I've decided to write about a recent building I made in Minecraft - a sort of buildlogue.

It's been quite difficult, lately, for me to actually play Minecraft. In introducing it to my brother, I created something of a monster - he constantly asks to play it. Anyway, I've finally been able to wrangle some time with the program. (I've upgraded to 1.5.2, I believe. I started a new file, forgetting to change from the initial name of "New World.")

Initially, I was planning to make a generic warehouse. I began with a simple facade, using two different shades of wood paneling. However, as the basic frame formed, I decided that it would be cool to build a theatre. Following a naming scheme started on my house and garden, the theatre would come to be known as "Lovely Theatre and Music Hall."


I made later additions once the rest of the frame was finished. As seen above, the edges use right-side-up and upside-down stair blocks to form the edge facades.


Using the fence unit, I created column-like structures all around the building.


The rear of the building is largely the same as the front.


Upon entering the theatre, we are greeted by the foyer/front greeting area. As with the rest of the building, it is made of a combination of mostly oak and spruce planks, with some birch planks for flooring.


In the auditorium, we walk on the luxurious carpet of red and yellow wool. For now, it is lit by conventional wooden torches. Seating is available in the form of quartz stairs. In the distance, we see the stage curtain and the legs, made out of red and black wool, respectively.


The back of the auditorium is rather bland. I wish I knew how to represent light, because I would then add in a few sets (Or a balcony of some sort?).


Edit: Something bugged me about this shot. It turns out, I forgot to finish the main curtain. Witness below, the curtain proper:


Since we have seen the auditorium, let us head towards the actual stage.


Now on stage, I examine a makeshift piano made of quartz blocks and stairs. (Were this Tekkit, I probably would have used dark iron or something like it for the main structure, and micro-blocks for the keys section.)


We turn to the audience, after a rousing piano sonata, expecting thunderous applause, but we've forgotten: there's nobody here but us.


Our back up performers wait backstage, eagerly anticipating the moment that they can emerge onstage.


Exhausted after our performance, we retreat backstage to the dressing rooms. Obviously, at least one of us is female and has already begun removing make-up.


This is the in-progress men's dressing room. Hopefully, I can add dressing room-y things. Unfortunately, I don't think there's a "mirror" block. Maybe I can figure something out.


Backstage is currently composed of the two dressing rooms and a hallway leading to the rear exit. As the floor is raised up by a floor of wood planks, the exit appears lower than the front one. I will eventually make an add-on for the green room, prop room and other dressing rooms.


We've finally finished the tour. The sun sets on the theatre, as we look forward to more projects in the future.

Thank you for viewing my latest Minecraft buildlogue. If you have any ideas or suggestions for what I should attempt to build next, please let me know. I could definitely be persuaded to start a file in Tekkit, so to have access to more building materials and so forth, but it would need to be soon. Anyway, that is all for now. See you guys later!

No comments:

Post a Comment