Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Gaming - Minecraft Buildlogue #2: Lovely Library (Part 1)

Inspired by my first project, I have decided on another. Naturally, the next thing I am building is a library. However, this project will likely take much longer than the previous one. Especially without world edit tools and what not. Initially, I had to decide on the size of the "wall units." (This makes larger structures easier to manage. For instance, one wall unit might be a four by four group of stone bricks within a frame of chiseled stone bricks).


In the previous project, I utilized a framing approach, that allowed me to see how big the finished structure would be, and that made for a more interesting looking wall than if I had simply used one type of brick. Here, I increased the proportions so that there was 6x6 of the filler unit, stone bricks, surround by an 8x8 frame of chiseled stone bricks.


After making a framework, we see the general size and shape of what is to come. It is probably the largest (complex) structure I've made in Minecraft, up to this point.


Sometimes I wish there were a lawnmower tool. Oh well!


Once I finished building and lighting the walls, I had to decide what kind of floor to use. Stone or stone bricks would prove to monotonous and/or similar to the walls.

 

I finally decided on a frame of stone bricks surrounding carpet. For the front reading/reception area, I decided on blue wool, with light blue wool for the employee areas. Using iron blocks, I formed the reception and circulation area.


On the opposite side from the circulation area, I created a small cafe and book store, complete with "refrigerator" and "coffee maker."




The second area, possibly a reference or popular literature section, came next. My initial set up placed the rows to closely together, so I erred on the side of having only two rows so close together.


In between the reception area and cafe, I created a reading/eating area by using stairs to make chairs, and tables by a combination of a fence post and a pressure plate.

I've added a lot more on to it, but there are too many things for one post. Anyway, thanks for reading/looking! Stay tuned for more developments.

No comments:

Post a Comment